Department: Suzhou Center Job Title: Associate/Senior Associate for Government & Public Affairs, Suzhou Center Report to: Chief Representative, Suzhou Center Position Description: Act as the Center’s liaison between local and district level government authorities, work with member companies on regulatory issues and government relations, and support the Center’s overall mission.
Key roles and responsibilities:
Manage government-related activities (40%)
- Develop and maintain strong working relations with key government stakeholders in Suzhou. This includes the Suzhou Municipal government, Suzhou Industrial Park, Kunshan, and Suzhou New District. Maintain close coordination with the Chamber’s government relations team when carrying out this work.
- Manage the annual government appreciation dinners and/or roundtable discussions with different government partners, such as Suzhou Industrial Park Administrative Committee, Suzhou City Municipal Government and Kunshan Municipal Government.
- Support AmCham Shanghai leadership as it interacts with municipal and provincial government officials in Jiangsu, Zhejiang, and Anhui in order to strengthen the Chamber’s government relations outreach.
- Provide support to companies when they encounter regulatory and other government-related difficulties.
Research and communication (20%)
- Maintain an up to date understanding of local government policy, regulations, structure, and economic development; provide updates to members and Chamber leaders on key government policies.
- Maintain up to date government organization chart, contact information and stakeholder map.
Prepare briefing materials, talking points and draft remarks for major programs, especially government appreciation events; prepare program write-ups; update WeChat Suzhou Chapter webpage
Support the Center’s regular programs (40%)
- Manage and grow the Center’s regular programs: HR forum, Finance Forum, and Environment, Health & Safety Alliance forum.
- Support the Center’s membership services, training and leadership forum.
- Contribute to the work of membership recruitment and retention and seeking sponsorship.
- Other tasks upon request.
- 3 or more years working experience in a related field.
- Native Chinese with excellent written and oral English skills.
- Understanding of local and provincial Chinese government structure and knowledgeable about manufacturing functions and the business environment for foreign companies in China.
- Good communication skills and the ability to multitask; project management experience a plus.
- Ability to interface with Chinese government officials and senior executives.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Resume in both English and Chinese.
- There will be a writing test, both in English and Chinese, as part of the assessment process.