Description of the Position
The COO is responsible for the operations of Schwarzman College, supporting the Dean to execute the College's strategy and annual plan, and to facilitate the collaboration across functions. The COO will manage the Administration, HR and Accounting departments by developing policies and processes, supervising the implementation of strategic decisions, and managing working relationship with both Tsinghua University and the New York office.
Direct subordinate positions of COO include the HR department head, Accounting department head, and Administration department head.
1. To support the Dean of Schwarzman College with annual planning and budget of the College and different departments.
2. To support the Dean in implementation of major strategic decisions of the College.
3. To support the Dean in daily operations of the College by working collaboratively with other functions, facilitating key initiatives and programs.
4. To support the Dean in maintaining smooth working relationships with Tsinghua University and the New York office.
5. Be responsible for the operation of the accounting department and the quality of financial management of the College by developing or optimizing the process and policies, reviewing financial reports and financial analysis.
6. Be responsible for the quality and integrity of procurement operation by developing and optimizing the process and rules on procurement, quality control standards and vendor management.
7. Be responsible for developing an efficient administrative platform, providing high quality support to the college program through the IT system, administrative assistance, property management, security management, etc. To build a safe, clean, supportive and efficient environment for College.
8. Be responsible for developing and executing a human resources management system and program. To build a professional and supportive HR platform as well as improving employee experience by developing and optimizing HR process and policies.
9. Liaise with relevant departments at Tsinghua University and with the New York team. Establish efficient working mechanism for more transparent and collaborative working relationship.
1. Master’s degree and above, and at least fifteen (15) years related work experience in corporate, government, or NGO; at least ten (10) years management experience; OR, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
2. Evidence of effective bi-lingual fluency (Chinese and English) verbal and written communication skills.
3. General concept and a long-term perspective, plan strategy according to the internal and external environment of the college.
4. Experience with an organization's operational management model and workflow; aware of optimization and development trends of college operations.
5. Ability to manage, supervise and optimize financial, human resources management and administrative operations systems in the organization.
6. Exceptional logical thinking and analytical skills; the ability to identify potential problems in a timely manner and proactively organize a team to solve problems.
7. Excellent leadership and team management experience.
8. Ability to use various methods to coordinate resources, balance the interests of all parties, establish good cooperative relations, and promote mutually beneficial solutions.
9. Responsible, problem solver, self-driven, result-oriented and able to work under pressure.
10. Ability to listen to and understand others, accurately express information, use a variety of means to respond to various communication scenarios and effectively influence others.
1. Experience working in the education industry.
2. Experience working with employees from diverse backgrounds.
3. Experience in Microsoft Office Applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, data query, PowerPoint) and the ability to quickly learn other software programs as needed.
1. Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment, have a strong willingness to learn and to take initiative, the ability to quickly understand and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
2. Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals
To apply: Please email a cover letter and resume in both English and Mandarin to us
Language: English, Mandarin
~ 0 years experience required - none - full-time - beijing, beijing