The Educational Editor is a position within the Curriculum department at ALO7. The main duties involve content creation and editing in multiple formats covering both print and digital media. The content is intended for use by English language learners and their teachers and parents, both in the classroom and at home. The ideal candidate will be detail-focused, self-motivated, educationally-minded, and an effective communicator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Copy edit, write, and proofread materials using standard and in-house software and file formats, including Word, Excel, PDF, still image, animation, and audio files.
2. Copy edit and content edit picture books, non-fiction, fiction, poetry, and other genres for English language learning.
3. Check content in development to assess consistent and appropriate difficulty level according to a Scope and Sequence.
4. Identify, request, and provide feedback on illustrations and photographs for use in English language learning.
5. Proofread existing English language learning content using in-house software.
6. Work on concurrent projects with interdepartmental virtual teams.
7. Help to provide English language and content creation guidance to the curriculum development team.
8. May be required to identify Common Core, CEFR, and MOE standards for online and classroom exercises and meta-tag them.
9. May help to brainstorm ideas and create editorial content for ELL learners age 10-19.
10. May contribute to the development of learning applications and games for tablet, PC, and interactive whiteboard use.
11. May contribute to the building of the company brand and its characters through the editing or writing of marketing, educational, fiction, and nonfiction materials as needed.
12. May be required to record audio content as needed.
1. Experience in copy editing.
2. Experience in ELL up to high school level and/or experience with TOEFL.
3. Great collaborator who is flexible and works well under pressure.
4. Self-motivated worker able to manage own workload.
5.Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, e-mail, internet, and content management systems.
Skills: Editting, writing, English
~ 0 years experience required - none - full-time - shanghai, shanghai