Do you have a talent for writing? Do you love to share with fellow expats your opinion, observation and stories about living and working in China, the Chinese society and culture? Then we want to hear from you! We’re looking for talented, passionate and outgoing freelance writers (professional or aspiring) to contribute to our Expat Corner (blog) section.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Demonstrated writing skills: all applicants must provide a writing sample, whether it be a recent blog entry, a link to a previously published article or an article you wrote just for the purpose of this application (please don’t send us academic essays).
- University degree: a holder of a university degree is preferred, especially a journalism or creative writing degree. However, we will consider you if your writing sample blows us away.
- Native English speaker: since we run an English site, it’s important that our writers master the English language. Native English speakers are preferred, unless non-native speakers can demonstrate native English levels.
- Minimal of one-year China living experiences and good understanding of the Chinese society
- Excellent communication skills: freelance writers will be communicating with the head editor at our Beijing office on a regular basis via email.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, a current resume and any relevant samples of your writing (in English) to us
Please include ‘Freelance writer’ in the subject field.
~ 0 years experience required - none - part-time - beijing, beijing