English teachers needed in China:
American TPR English School:
American TPR English School was established in 1992 and was the first English School in China to obtain ISO9001 certification. In its 26 years of development, TPR has established 19 branches and franchise schools in Zhuhai, Zhongshan, Dongguan and Chaozhou (all of them in the southern province of Guangdong) and one in the north, in Baoding, about an hour from Beijing. TPR has a well-structured management system and a team of dedicated and experienced staff and teachers. Many of our foreign teachers have been with us for 6-7 years, a few for 10-12 years and one for 17 years! Two Canadians who worked for 18 years retired recently.
American TPR English School has adopted a specific and proven effective teaching method called Total Physical Response, TPR for short. It was developed in the United States as a language teaching method. At American TPR English School all classrooms are fitted with interactive smart boards with educational software for kindergarten kids, primary school children and middle school teens. For the training of adults, the School focuses on ‘Situation English’ and ‘Business English’.
Highlights of the contract for native English teachers:
1. One year contracts (renewable every year)
Location: Zhuhai, Zhongshan, Dongguan, Chaozhou and Baoding
2. There are 21 teaching hours per week:
Monthly salaries range from CNY10,000 to CNY18,000
3. CNY150 per overtime teaching hour if the teacher wants overtime
4. Airfare allowance: CNY5,000 at the end of each one-year contract
5. Performance bonus: CNY2,000 at the end of each one-year contract
6. There will be a salary increment for the next contract
7. One month paid holidays every year
8. Medical insurance for accident and serious illness with limited coverage
9. Free internet access at TPR branches and franchise schools
10. Free outings: Hot springs, rafting, cultural sites, water parks, etc.
11. Free teacher training during contract period
12. Free Mandarin Chinese classes
13. Rent-free apartments (for selected branches/cities only)
14. No office hours
15. Residence Permit (work visa) and Foreign Expert Certificate (work permit) will be provided for native English speakers
Points about Zhuhai:
Standard of living in Zhuhai is comparatively much cheaper than those in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen or Guangzhou.
Zhuhai is a Special Economic Zone and a key city in the PRD region - one of the fastest developing regions on earth.
Zhuhai boarders Macau and is just 1 hour by ferry from Hong Kong airport or just 45 minutes drive along the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge, which is the world’s longest sea-crossing bridge.
Zhuhai has been awarded ‘The Best Model of International Residential Environment Improvement’ by the United Nations and ‘Excellent Tourism City’ by the National Tourism Administration.
1. Native English speakers from Australia, Britain, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand South Africa and the USA.
2. Minimum qualification: A Bachelor's degree + two years’ teaching experience (or a TEFL / TESOL / TESL / CELTA certificate.)
3. Should be dynamic, have enthusiasm to teach English to different age groups and be open to experiencing a new culture.
How to apply:
To apply for a position, please email the following to Crystal (email@example.com):
1. Your updated CV/resume
2. Your recent photo
3. Scanned copy of the info page of your passport
4. Scanned copy of your university degree
5. A reference letter from your last employer
6. Your phone number and a range of time that we can call to have a short phone interview with you. Please mention the name of the country and city where you will be available for the 20-minute phone interview.
Please visit our School website at http://www.tprenglish.com/english
Updated in Aug 2018
~ 2 years experience required - bachelor - full-time - zhuhai, guangdong