The Range Bar & Grill and Underground Bar are looking for a new, foreign bar manager.
The Range Bar & Grill along with The Underground Bar are owned and operated by 凯瑞拓(成都)商务信息咨询有限公司, a subsidiary and Mainland Chinese WFOE of CRATE Holdings Limited.
We founded The Range in 2016 as an American, Southern-Style full-service bar and grill that offers a diverse selection of food and drinks. We focus on creating a welcoming environment suitable for both family, friends and visitors seeking a comfortable sit-down spot to enjoy some food or a place to meet up with friends and grab a couple of relaxing drinks. We are known for our Thursday night Bingo and Monday Build-Your-Own-Burger nights as well as our other nightly specials. We are also the home for several local sports clubs including local rugby, football (soccer) and basketball clubs.
The Underground Bar is a staple of Chengdu nightlife and has been around over 9 years. Host to many weekly events including weekly Quiz Night and Pride Night, both events drawing some of the biggest crowds in town. The Underground Bar is a comfortable blend of British Pub and modern Chinese culture.
Position: Bar Manager
Location: Chengdu, Sichuan Province, Mainland China
• 4-year University/College Degree
• 2+ Years of work experience
• English and Mandarin language ability
• Must be able to live and work in Mainland China, specifically, Chengdu.
• Committed! This is not a 9-5 job. We are a foreign owned and operated Food and Beverage group that is growing. We are in our development years and require people with ambition, energy and drive to grow the business and develop themselves.
• Independent: Needs to be able to work alone, anticipate and plan ahead without being told exactly what to do. These are bars and restaurants, critical thinking and problem solving are a must.
• Outgoing and customer oriented: Great customer service is the foundation of The Range. Without it everything else doesn't matter. View customers as friends and family. Be personal, honest and real.
• F&B experience: You will be working in two very different bars and restaurants. Experience in running shifts, managing staff along with an ability to ensure quality during busy times are a plus.
• Mandarin Mandarin Mandarin! The ability to communicate with local and foreign customers is paramount. You don’t have to be fluent but must be able to communicate and willing to continue to develop your Mandarin language skills.
Total base compensation of ¥15,000/month. Includes the following:
• Base Salary
• Housing Allowance
• Social Insurance and Taxes
KPI and Performance Bonuses:
• Quarterly performance bonus
• Annual business Milestone Bonuses
• Annual flight allowance
• Office support staff
• Multinational team
• Work in multiple venues
• *Potential for continued development through professional training*
***3 month probationary period***
Skills: Restaurant and Bar Management Preferred, Willingness to continue learning Mandarin, Ability to work Alon, Customer Service , Shift Management
Language: English and Mandarin Chinese
~ 0 years experience required - none - full-time - chengdu, sichuan