Title: School Social Worker/Counselor
Reports To: Principal
Job Goal: The School Social Worker/Counselor facilitates the social/emotional development of identified students by providing comprehensive services to students, teachers, and other school personnel, and coordinates services to and for the families.
1) Master’s degree in Social Work or Counseling;
2) Current certification in Social Work or Counseling
3) Knowledge of psychological/social aspects of human development, and knowledge of diagnostic assessment. Experience with low incidence disabilities and autism spectrum disorders preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Support identified students (including low incidence and autism spectrum disorder children) on an individual basis as determined by the schools Learning Support (LS) and administrative departments and implement direct service as recommended.
2) Provide group guidance and social skills activities for students related to topics such as self-awareness, social awareness, and accepting disabilities relative to functioning in school, family relationships, etc.
3) Consult with teachers and provide support regarding students social/emotional needs.
4) Provide support and consult with parents of identified children in areas related to the functioning of their child in his/her educational program and his/her home. Facilitate parent information and support groups as needed.
5) Participate in IEP and Eligibility Determination Conferences to facilitate communication regarding student needs.
6) Refer students who need assistance in adjusting to school followed by a staffing to recommend service(s).
7) Attend departmental, interdepartmental, professional, and community-based meetings as required.
8) Assist in formulation of annual goals and objectives addressing the social emotional needs of identified students.
9) Coordinate referral of students and/or families to community agencies as per directions of the school.
10) Participate with consultants in planning in-service for teachers in social emotional aspects of education for identified students.
11) Assumes other responsibilities within the scope of the job and duties assigned in extraordinary circumstances
var TIAOJIAN_NUM =0;
~ 0 years experience required - none - full-time - beijing, beijing