Cold Spring Harbor Asia DNA Learning Center (CSHA-DNALC) is located in Suzhou, a collaboration of the world-renowned Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL) and Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP) in July 2015. This new organization has the mission to deliver American-style, hands-on instruction that provides students with lab and analytical skills needed for science study at U.S. universities. We are searching for talented biologists with a passion for education outreach to help expand this new facility.
1. Prepare and deliver established curriculum, including individual courses, extra-curricular research projects and 5-10 day summer and winter camps.
2. Lesson planning including preparation of teaching presentations and laboratory reagents.
3. Curriculum development and troubleshooting of experiments.
4. Miscellaneous tasks related to running of the CSHA-DNALC.
5. Attention to detail and adherence to a standard of excellence.
6. Availability to work some weekend days as the teaching schedule requires.
Qualifications & Requirements:
1. Bachelor degree or higher in an area of Biological Science. Cell or Molecular Biology preferred.
2. Laboratory experience or expertise in standard molecular biology technique:
1）Bacterial Cell Culture and Sterile Technique.
2）Basic Cloning Techniques: Bacterial transformation, DNA purification, DNA restriction, ligation and PCR.
3）DNA Sequence Analysis.
3. Teaching Experience: a broad range of teaching experience can be applied to our discovery-based educational approach. Previous experience working with students as a teacher or teaching assistant is highly desirable.
4. Fluency in English language. Bilingual Chinese and English is preferred.
5. Overseas experience in Biology is preferred.
6. Experience in written communication for publicity purposes is a plus.
7. In order to contribute to the betterment of our learning center, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and a team player.
Benefits & Welfare:
Salary and Benefits:
1. Salary: Competitive salaries are based on experience.
2. Welfare: Statutory paid vacation, supplementary commercial medical insurance, annual health checkup, meal allowance, etc.
3. Regular training: Orientation will include intensive training in interactive lab instruction and development by experienced teachers from CSHA-DNALC and DNA Learning Center in Cold Spring Harbor, New York.
Location: Office Address: No. 500, Xinping Street, Suzhou Park
suzhou / full-time / educationPosted 6 months ago
~ 0 years experience required - bachelor - full-time - suzhou, jiangsu