Dezan Shira & Associates (DSA) is a specialist foreign direct investment practice with a pan-Asia presence. The firm has grown into one of Asia's most versatile full-service consultancies with over 28 offices in China, Vietnam, Singapore, and India. DSA primarily provides legal, tax, and operational advisory to international corporate investors.
Asia Briefing (AB) is a subsidiary of DSA that produces publications and provides marketing services. The marketing team is spread across China, Vietnam, ASEAN, and India and consists of a diverse array of professionals from across the world.
AB is currently hiring a senior graphic designer to be located in the Shanghai office. He or she will be responsible for creating company branded business publications and providing web design support to improve the UI and UX of our websites. The senior designer’s key goal is creating a consistent, professional brand look through marketing communication, adding value to the firm’s content marketing strategy.
Lead and be responsible for all publications projects, including:
- Regional magazines and guides on a monthly or quarterly basis;
- Technical paid guide on a yearly basis;
- Thought leadership reports and business guides on a yearly basis;
- Convert English versions into different languages (Italian, French, German, Russian, Chinese, etc.);
- Communicate with local galleries for cover art;
- Coordinate with a local printer office for copy of magazines and distribution.
Provide design leadership for major websites, such as:
- Provide ad hoc solutions for DSA website and improve its usability and interface;
- Redesign the landing page of Asia Briefing to better enhance its media platform function and provide an optimized window in emerging different sub-briefing brands into one plate;
- Redesign the landing page of Asiapedia to better display different types of multimedia, regional intelligence, and legal resources, provide a streamlined experience;
- Download and design online images (feature stock images, article infographics, and website banners) as visual content for all websites.
Follow the internal guideline and practices on brand design development:
- Marketing campaign collaterals like brochures, flyers, newsletters, posters, roll up, etc;
- Office stationary templates like business cards, ppt template, proposal, case study, office signs, etc.
- Work out an essential advertisement for media sponsor exchanges.
- Support service projects to present a well-packaged product.
- Recruit and manage local assistants on major publication projects and online graphics.
Desired candidates have:
- 3+ years’ experienced in editorial design, UI/UX design;
- Bachelor’s degree in visual communications, graphic design related;
- Strong understanding of content marketing, and an interest in Asian culture;
- Good communication and team management skills;
- Strong initiative in growing professional business design;
- Ability to multi-task and work independently under deadline;
- Fluent written and spoken English ;
- Software knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop;
- Overseas study and/or work experience is a strong plus.
- Competitive salary and career advancement opportunities;
- Being part of a well-known and expanding organization in Asia;
- Challenges in practicing quality business design in a multiple brand management;
- Comfortable and friendly working environment;
- Experience working in an international team.
ABand DSA is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. AB and DSA are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.